Hiking on the Parkway...

Hiking on the Parkway...

Sunday, May 8, 2011

There are varying opinions on how Mother's day originated.  I, of course choose to believe the Greeks had something to do with it.  We usually do.  However it came to be, it is nice that we can be recognized for our greatness.  For all we do the other 364 days in the year.   Homemade cards from the kids are always my favorite thing to receive.  Their little hands and big imaginations put such hard work into them.  Jake thinks that I sing like an angle.  Obviously he means Angel but to be honest I am just shocked he chose to say that because he normally asks me to not sing ~ it hurts his ears or something.  He also wants to take me to DD and get me a hot cup of coffee and a donut.  He's got me pegged.   Apparently, in  Emma's eyes I am smart because I do things rite.  I make her laugh because I sing "I like big butts..." and she likes it when I sing Taylor Swift.  Hmmm I am not sure about this new found enjoyment my kids have of my voice.  Perhaps I should take them to have their ears checked?

I know their teachers gave the kids supplies so they could extend these beautiful and kinda funny (and definitely misspelled)  thoughts to me.  I appreciate them for that. 

If you go by "Mom" to someone, whether it be bio, step, adoption - it matters not.  What matters is the love that exists.  Open your heart to love and you will find joy. 

Ladies, pamper yourselves and take this day for what it is...yours. The laundry, dishes, toilets, vacuuming, mopping can wait.  Alan offered to take us out for dinner tonight.  I apparently had a moment because I said "No, I'll cook."  What the eff was I thinking?  Maybe the wine last night has blurred my vision and thought process.  Nah - that can't be it.  Must be the rain.   Immerse yourself in relaxation, whatever that may be for you. 

Fear not...I am sure in my next post I'll be back to bitchin' up a storm.  That broom can only sit idle for so long...

1 comment:

  1. U R AN AWESOME MOM AND UR KIDS KNOW IT.. I COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER DAUGHTER IN LAW...LOVE U HAPPY MOTHERS DAY..... GODS GIFTS COME IN SPECIAL PACKAGES NOT PERFECT ONES
    MERNA

    ReplyDelete