Hiking on the Parkway...

Hiking on the Parkway...

Friday, August 10, 2012

Are you considering a blended family?

Just a little something I thought of and decided it was most important to get out there.  Like STAT.

This whole blended family thing ain't as easy as I make it look... (ha ha)





If you are considering marrying someone with children, whether or not you have them as well, don't just think short term.  Consider long term - 2, 5 even 7 years down the road. How old will their kids be and can you handle that?  Is the love you have now going to continue to burst out or will it get lost in the daily shuffle of your life?  There are  a lot of emotions you go through that you wouldn't even think would erupt.  Like, for example, am I taking away from my kids because I have to buy for his?  Don't frown on me, he has thoughts like that too.  It's only normal.  That's just one of many.  

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine having a truly blended family. Being a stepmother is hard enough--it's much easier that my kids are grown and on their own (and are on the other side of the country). But I can't imagine what it would be like if they were younger and we were all under one roof. I'm sure I wouldn't have it in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most don't... but think they do have it in them. I really wish someone had sat with me and 'dummied' the whole thing down! Kind of a "here's what to expect" sort of thing. Some days, like a lot of them, I am shocked Alan and I are still together. But we are!

    ReplyDelete